Blade Runner, directed by Ridley Scott

Possibly better than tootsie rolls, illustrated screenplays are tasty little nuggets of cinematic flavor in a convenient pdf wrapper. Download and read your favorite movie in a quarter of the time it takes to watch it. And you can grab quotes and images.

Blade Runner, directed by Ridley Scott

Postby admin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:09 am

Blade Runner -- Illustrated Screenplay
directed by Ridley Scott, screenplay by Hampton Fancher and David Peoples
Starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young and Edward James Olmos
© 1991 The Blade Runner Partnership

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

CLICK HERE TO SEE BLADE RUNNER -- ILLUSTRATED SCREENPLAY

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO BLADE RUNNER MP3S, BY VANGELIS
admin
Site Admin

Re: Blade Runner, directed by Ridley Scott

Postby admin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:09 am

Screenplay:

Image Image Image Image

ImageImage Image Image

ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Early in the 21st Century, the Tyrell Corporation advanced robot evolution into the NEXUS phase -- a being virtually identical to a human -- known as a Replicant.

The NEXUS 6 Replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them.

Replicants were used Off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets.

After a bloody mutiny by a NEXUS 6 combat team in an Off-world colony, Replicants were declared illegal on earth -- under penalty of death.

Special police squads -- BLADE RUNNER UNITS -- had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing Replicant.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

Los Angeles, November 2019.

[Intercom] Next subject, Kowalski, Leon. Engineer, waste disposal. Five section, new employee, six days.

[Holden] Come in. Sit down.

[Leon] Care if I talk? I'm kind of nervous when I take tests.

[Holden] Uh, just please don't move.

[Leon] Oh, I'm sorry. I already had an IQ test this year. I don't think I've ever had one of these.

[Holden] Reaction time is a factor in this, so please, pay attention. Now answer as quickly as you can.

[Leon] Sure.

[Holden] 1187 Hunterwasser.

[Leon] That's the hotel.

[Holden] What?

[Leon] Where I live.

[Holden] Nice place?

[Leon] Yeah, sure, I guess. Is that part of the test?

[Holden] No. Just warming up. That's all.

[Leon] Uh. It's not fancy or anything.

[Holden] You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of a sud--

[Leon] Is this the test, now?

[Holden] Yes. You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down--

[Leon] What one?

[Holden] What?

[Leon] What desert?

[Holden] Doesn't make any difference what desert. It's completely hypothetical.

[Leon] But how come I'd be there?

[Holden] Maybe you're fed up, maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows? You look down and you see a tortoise, Leon. It's crawling towards you--

[Leon] A tortoise? What's that?

[Holden] You know what a turtle is?

[Leon] Of course.

[Holden] Same thing.

[Leon] I've never seen a turtle. But I understand what you mean.

[Holden] You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Leon.

[Leon] Do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? Or do they write them down for you?

[Holden] The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

[Leon] What do you mean I'm not helping?

[Holden] I mean, you're not helping. Why is that, Leon? They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue? Describe, in single words, only the good things that come into your mind, about your mother.

[Leon] My mother?

[Holden] Yeah.

[Leon] Let me tell you about my mother.

[Intercom] A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies. The chance to begin again, in a golden land of opportunity and adventure. A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure. Let's go to the colonies. This announcement has been brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez Corporation. Helping America into the new world.

[Deckard] Give me four. No. Four. Two, two, four. And noodles!

[Gaff] Hey! [Foreign language]

[Noodleman] He say you're under arrest, Mr. Deckard.

[Deckard] Got the wrong guy, pal.

[Gaff] [foreign language]

[Noodleman] He say you "Blade Runner."

[Deckard] Tell him I'm eating!

[Gaff] Captain Bryant [foreign language]

[Deckard] Bryant, huh?

[Intercom] Now on glide path. Mark course, over the landing threshold.

[Bryant] Hiya, Deck.

[Deckard] Bryant.

[Bryant] You wouldn't have come if I just asked you to. Sit down, pal. Come on, don't be an asshole, Deckard. I've got four skin-jobs walking the streets. They jumped the shuttle Off-world. Killed the crew and passengers. We found the shuttle drifting off the coast two weeks ago, so we know they're around.

[Deckard] Embarrassing.

[Bryant] No, sir. Not embarrassing because no one's ever going to find out they're down here. 'Cause you're gonna spot them and you're gonna air 'em out.

[Deckard] I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good.

[Bryant] I did. He can breathe okay, as long as nobody unplugs him. He's not good enough. Not as good as you. I need you, Deck. This is a bad one. The worst yet. I need the old Blade Runner. I need your magic.

[Deckard] I was quit when I come in here, Bryant. I'm twice as quit now.

[Bryant] Stop right where you are! You know the score, pal. You're not cop, you're little people.

[Deckard] No choice, huh?

[Bryant] No choice, pal.

[Leon] I already had an IQ test this year. I don't think I've ever had one of these.

[Holden] Reaction time is a factor in this, so please, pay attention. Now answer as quickly as you can.

[Leon] Yeah, sure.

[Leon] That's the hotel.

[Holden] What?

[Leon] Where I live.

[Holden] Nice place?

[Leon] Yeah, sure, I guess.

[Bryant] There was an escape from the Off-world colonies two weeks ago. Six Replicants, three male, three female. They slaughtered 23 people and jumped a shuttle. An aerial patrol spotted the ship off the coast. No crew, no sight of them. Three nights ago they tried to break into the Tyrell Corporation. One of them got fried running through an electrical field. We lost the others. On the possibility they might try to infiltrate as employees, I had Holden go over and run Voight-Kampff tests on the new workers. Looks like he got himself one.

[Holden] So you look down and you see a tortoise; it's crawling towards you.

[Leon] A tortoise? What's that?

[Holden] Know what a turtle is?

[Leon] Of course.

[Holden] Same thing.

[Leon] I've never seen a turtle.

[Deckard] I don't get it. Why do they risk coming back to earth for? That's unusual. What do they want out of the Tyrell Corporation?

[Bryant] Now you tell me pal. That's what you're here for.

[Deckard] What's this?

[Bryant] Nexus 6. Roy Batty. Incept date, 2016. Combat model. Optimum self-sufficiency. Probably the leader. This is Zhora. She's trained for an Off-world kick murder squad. Talk about beauty and the beast. She's both. The fourth skin-job is Pris. A basic pleasure model. A standard item for military clubs in the outer colonies. They were designed to copy human beings in every way, except their emotions. But the designers reckoned that after a few years, they might develop their own emotional responses. Oh, hate, love, fear, anger, envy. So they built in a fail-safe device.

[Deckard] Which is what?

[Bryant] Four-year life span. Now there's a Nexus 6 over at the Tyrell Corporation. I want you to go put the machine on it.

[Deckard] And if the machine doesn't work?

[Rachel] Do you like our owl?

[Deckard] It's artificial?

[Rachel] Of course, it is.

[Deckard] Must be expensive.

[Rachel] Very. I'm Rachael.

[Deckard] Deckard.

[Rachel] It seems you feel our work is not a benefit to the public.

[Deckard] Replicants are like any other machine. They're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

[Rachel] May I ask you a personal question?

[Deckard] Sure.

[Rachel] Have you ever retired a human by mistake?

[Deckard] No.

[Rachel] But in your position, that is a risk.

[Tyrell] Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response? Fluctuation of the pupil. Involuntary dilation of the iris.

[Deckard] We call it Voight-Kampff for short.

[Rachel] Mr. Deckard, Dr. Eldon Tyrell.

[Tyrell] Demonstrate it. I want to see it work.

[Deckard] Where's the subject?

[Tyrell] I want to see it work on a person. I want to see a negative, before I provide you with a positive.

[Deckard] What's that gonna prove?

[Tyrell] Indulge me.

[Deckard] On you?

[Tyrell] Try her.

[Deckard] It's too bright in here.

[Rachel] Do you mind if I smoke?

[Deckard] It won't affect the test. All right. I'm gonna ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can. It's your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet.

[Rachel] I wouldn't accept it. Also, and report the person who gave it to me to the police.

[Deckard] You've got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection, plus the killing jar.

[Rachel] I'd take him to the doctor.

[Deckard] You're watching television. Suddenly you realize there's a wasp crawling on your arm.

[Rachel] I'd kill it.

[Deckard] You're reading a magazine. You come across a full-page nude photo of a girl.

[Rachel] Is this testing whether I'm a Replicant or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?

[Deckard] Just answer the questions, please. You show it to your husband. He likes it so much he hangs it on your bedroom wall.

[Rachel] I wouldn't let him.

[Deckard] Why not?

[Rachel] I should be enough for him.

[Deckard] One more question. You're watching a stage play, a banquet is in progress. The guests are enjoying an appetizer of raw oysters. The entree consists of boiled dog.

[Tyrell] Would you step out for a few moments, Rachael? Thank you.

[Deckard] She's a Replicant, isn't she?

[Tyrell] I'm impressed. How many questions does it usually take to spot one?

[Deckard] I don't get it, Tyrell.

[Tyrell] How many questions?

[Deckard] Twenty, thirty, cross-referenced.

[Tyrell] It took more than a hundred for Rachael, didn't it?

[Deckard] She doesn't know?

[Tyrell] She's beginning to suspect, I think.

[Deckard] Suspect! How can it not know what it is?

[Tyrell] Commerce is our goal here at Tyrell. "More human than human" is our motto. Rachael is an experiment. Nothing more. We began to recognize in them ... a strange obsession. After all, they are emotionally inexperienced with only a few years in which to store up the experiences which you and I take for granted. If we gift them with a past, we create a cushion or a pillow for their emotions and consequently we can control them better.

[Deckard] Memories. You're talking about memories!

[Leon] Sure.

[Leon] That's the hotel.

[Holden] What?

[Leon] Where I live.

[Holden] Nice place?

[Leon] Yeah, sure, I guess. Is that part of the test?

[Holden] No.

[Roy] Time? Enough. Did you get your precious photos?

[Leon] Someone was there.

[Roy] Men? Policemen?

[Roy] "Fiery the angels fell
deep thunder roared around their shores
burning with the fires of Orc."

[Eye-Man] You not come here! Illegal! Hey! Cold! Those are my eyes! Freezing!

[Roy] Yes. Questions. Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?

[Eye-man] Don't know. I-I don't know such stuff. I just do eyes. Just-just eyes. Just genetic design. Just eyes. You Nexus, huh? I designed your eyes.

[Roy] Chew ... if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes. Now ... questions.

[Chew] I don't know answers.

[Roy] Who does?

[Chew] Tyrell! He-He knows everything.

[Roy] Tyrell Corporation?

[Chew] He big boss. Big genius. He-He design your mind. Your brain.

[Roy] Smart.

[Chew] Very cold.

[Roy] Not an easy man to see ...

[Chew] Very cold.

[Roy] ... I guess?

[Chew] S-Sebastian. He-He ... take-take you there. He take you there.

[Roy] Sebastian who?

[Chew] J.-J.F. Sebast--Sebast--Sebast--

[Roy] Now ... where ... would we find this ... J.F. Sebastian?

[Holden] Let's continue, shall we? Describe, in single words, only the good things that come into your mind, about your mother.

[Leon] My mother?

[Holden] Yeah.

[Leon] Let me tell you about my mother.

[Intercom] Voice print identification. Your floor number, please.

[Deckard] Deckard, 97.

[Intercom] 97. Thank you.

[Rachel] I wanted to see you. So I waited. Let me help you.

[Deckard] What do I need help for?

[Rachel] I don't know why he told you what he did.

[Deckard] Talk to him.

[Rachel] He wouldn't see me.

[Deckard] You want a drink?

[Rachel] You think I'm a Replicant, don't you? Look. It's me with my mother.

[Deckard] Yeah? Remember when you were six? You and your brother snuck into an empty building through a basement window. You were gonna play doctor? He showed you his, and when it got to be your turn, you chickened and ran. Remember that? Did you ever tell anybody that? Your mother? Tyrell? Anybody? You remember the spider that lived in the bush outside your window? Orange body, green legs? Watched her build a web all summer? Then one day, there's a big egg in it. The egg hatched ...

[Rachel] The egg hatched ...

[Deckard] And?

[Rachel] ... and a hundred baby spiders came out. And they ate her.

[Deckard] Implants. Those aren't your memories! They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's. Okay. Bad joke. I made a bad joke. You're not a Replicant. Go home. Okay? No, really. I'm sorry. Go home. Want a drink? I'll get you a drink. I'll get a glass.

[Sebastian] Hey! You forgot your bag.

[Pris] I'm lost.

[Sebastian] Don't worry, I won't hurt you. What's your name?

[Pris] Pris.

[Sebastian] Mine's J.F. Sebastian.

[Pris] Hi.

[Sebastian] Hi. Oh, where were you going? Home?

[Pris] I don't have one. We scared each other pretty good, didn't we?

[Sebastian] We sure did.

[Pris] I'm hungry, J.F.

[Sebastian] I've got stuff inside. Do you wanna come in?

[Pris] I was hoping you'd say that. Do you live in this building all by yourself?

[Sebastian] Yeah, I live here pretty much alone right now. No housing shortage around here. Plenty of room for everybody. Watch out for the water.

[Pris] You must get lonely here, J.F.

[Sebastian] Not really. I make friends. They're toys. My friends are toys. I make them. It's a hobby. I'm a genetic designer. Do you know what that is?

[Pris] No.

[Sebastian] Ma'am? Yoo-hoo, home again!

[Robots] Home again, home again, jiggidy-jig. Good evening, J.F.!

[Sebastian] Evening, fellas. They're my friends. I made them. Where are your folks?

[Pris] I'm sort of an orphan.

[Sebastian] Oh, what about your friends?

[Pris] I have some, but I have to find them. I'll let them know where I am tomorrow.

[Sebastian] Can I take those things for you? They're soaked, aren't they?

[Deckard] Enhance 224 to 176. Enhance. Stop. Move in. Stop. Pull out, track right. Stop. Center and, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop. Enhance 34 to 36. Pan right and pull back. Stop. Enhance 34 to 46. Pull back. Wait a minute. Go right. Stop. Enhance 57-19. Track 45 left. Stop. Enhance 15 to 23. Give me a hardy copy right there.

[Deckard] Fish?

[Genetic Technician] I think it was manufactured. Look. Finest quality. Superior workmanship. There is the maker's serial number. 9906947XB-71. Interesting. Not fish. Snake scale.

[Deckard] Snake?

[Genetic Technician] Try Abdul Ben Hassan. He make this snake!

[Deckard] Abdul Hassan. I'm a police officer. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Artificial snake license X-B-71? That's you? This is your work, huh? Who did you sell it to?

[Abdul] My work? Not too many could afford such quality.

[Deckard] How many?

[Abdul] Very few.

[Deckard] How few? Look, my friend.

[Abdul] Taffey Lewis'. Down in the Fourth Sector. Chinatown.

[Deckard] Bartender. Taffey Lewis? Taffey. I'd like to ask you a few questions.

[Taffey] Blow.

[Deckard] Do you ever buy any snakes from the Egyptian, Taffey?

[Taffey] All the time, pal.

[Deckard] Did you ever see this girl, huh?

[Taffey] Never seen her. Buzz off.

[Deckard] Your licenses in order, pal?

[Taffey] Hey, Louie. The man is dry. Give him one on the house, okay? See ya.

[Rachel] Hello?

[Deckard] I've had people walk out on me before, but not when ... I was being so charming. I'm in a bar, here now, down in the Fourth Sector. Taffey Lewis is on the line. Why don't you come down here and have a drink?

[Rachel] I don't think so, Mr. Deckard. That's not my kind of place.

[Deckard] Go someplace else?

[Announcer] Ladies and gentlemen, Taffey Lewis presents Miss Salome and the snake. Watch her take the pleasure from the serpent that once corrupted Man!

[Deckard] Excuse me, Miss Salome ... can I talk to you for a minute? I'm from the American Federation of Variety Artists.

[Zhora] Oh yeah?

[Deckard] I'm not here to make you join. No, ma'am. That's not my department. Actually, uh ... I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses.

[Zhora] Committee of Moral Abuses?

[Deckard] Yes, ma'am. There's been some reports that the management has been taking liberties with the artists in this place.

[Zhora] I don't know nothin' about it.

[Deckard] Have you felt yourself to be exploited in any way?

[Zhora] How do you mean, "exploited"?

[Deckard] Well, I-like to get this job. I mean did-did you do, or-or ... were you asked to do anything that's ... lewd or unsavory, or ... otherwise repulsive to your-to your person? Huh?

[Zhora] Are you for real?

[Deckard] Oh, yeah. I'd lie to-to check your dressing room, if I may.

[Zhora] For what?

[Deckard] For, uh, for holes.

[Zhora] Holes?

[Deckard] Well, you'd-you'd be surprised what a guy would go through to get a glimpse of a beautiful body.

[Zhora] No, I wouldn't.

[Deckard] Well, uh ... little ... dirty holes ... they drill in the wall so they can watch a lady undress. Is this a real snake?

[Zhora] Of course it's not real. Do you think I'd be working in a place like this if I could afford a real snake? So, if somebody does try to exploit me, who do I go to about it?

[Deckard] Me.

[Zhora] You're a dedicated man. Dry me.

[Crosswalk] Cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now ...

[Hare Krishnas] Hare hare ...

[Crosswalk] Cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now ... Don't walk, don't walk, don't walk, don't walk ... Cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross now, cross ...

[Deckard] Move! Get out of the way!

[Deckard] Deckard. B26354.

[Police intercom] Move on. Move on. Move on. Move on. Move on. Move on.

[Barmaid] A minute. Yeah, what do you want?

[Deckard] Tsin-Tao. Is this enough?

[Barmaid] Yeah.

[Gaff] Bryant.

[Bryant] Christ, Deckard, you look almost as bad as that skin-job you left on the sidewalk.

[Deckard] I'm going home.

[Bryant] You could learn from this guy, Gaff. He's a goddamn one-man slaughterhouse, that's what he is. Four more to go. Come on, Gaff, let's go.

[Deckard] Three. There's three to go.

[Bryant] There's four. Now there's that skin-job you V.-K'd at the Tyrell Corporation. Well, Rachael disappeared. Vanished. She didn't even know she was a Replicant. Something to do with a brain implant, says Tyrell. Come on, Gaff. Drink some for me, eh, pal?

[Deckard] Leon!

[Leon] How old am I?

[Deckard] I don't know!

[Leon] My birthday's April 10th, 2017. How long do I live?

[Deckard] Four years.

[Leon] More than you! It's painful to live in fear, isn't it? Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch.

[Deckard] Oh, I agree!

[Leon] Wake up! Time to die.

[Deckard] Shakes? Me, too. I get 'em bad. It's part of the business.

[Roy] I'm not in the business. I am the business. What if I go north? Disappear. Would you come after me? Hunt me?

[Deckard] No. No, I wouldn't. I owe you one. But somebody would.

[Rachel] Deckard? You know those files on me? The incept date? The longevity? Those things? You saw them?

[Deckard] They're ... classified.

[Rachel] But you're a policeman.

[Deckard] I ... didn't look at them.

[Rachel] You know, that Voight-Kampff test of yours ... did you ever take that test yourself? Deckard?

[Deckard] I dreamt music.

[Rachel] I didn't know if I could play. I remember lessons. I don't know if it's me ... or Tyrell's niece.

[Deckard] You play beautifully.

[Deckard] Now, you kiss me.

[Rachel] I can't rely on my mem--

[Deckard] Say, "kiss me."

[Rachel] Kiss me.

[Deckard] I want you.

[Rachel] I want you.

[Deckard] Again.

[Rachel] I want you.

[Deckard] Put your hands on me.

[Sebastian] What'cha doing?

[Pris] I'm sorry. Just peeking. How do I look?

[Sebastian] You, you look better.

[Pris] Just better?

[Sebastian] Well ... you look beautiful.

[Pris] Thanks. How old are you?

[Sebastian] Twenty-five.

[Pris] What's your problem?

[Sebastian] Methuselah syndrome.

[Pris] What's that?

[Sebastian] My glands, they ... grow old too fast.

[Pris] Is that why you're still on earth?

[Sebastian] Yeah. I couldn't pass the medical. Anyway, I kind of like it here.

[Pris] I like you ... just the way you are. Hi, Roy.

[Roy] Gosh, you ... really got some nice toys here.

[Pris] This is the friend I was telling you about. This is my savior, J.F. Sebastian.

[Roy] Sebastian. I like a man that stays put. You live here all by yourself, do you?

[Sebastian] Yes. How about some breakfast? I was just gonna make some. Excuse me.

[Pris] Well?

[Roy] Leon ...

[Pris] What's going on?

[Roy] There's only two of us now.

[Pris] Then we're stupid and we'll die.

[Roy] No, we won't.

[Sebastian] No. Knight takes Queen, see? It won't do.

[Roy] Why are you staring at us, Sebastian?

[Sebastian] 'Cause ... you're so different. You're so perfect.

[Roy] Yes.

[Sebastian] What generation are you?

[Roy] Nexus 6.

[Sebastian] Ah, I knew it! 'Cause I do genetic design work for the Tyrell Corporation. There's some of me in you. Show me something.

[Roy] Like what?

[Sebastian] Like anything.

[Roy] We're not computers, Sebastian. We're physical.

[Pris] I think, Sebastian ... therefore, I am.

[Roy] Very good, Pris. Now show him why.

[Roy] We've got a lot in common.

[Sebastian] What do you mean?

[Roy] Similar problems.

[Pris] Accelerated decrepitude.

[Sebastian] I don't know much about bio-mechanics, Roy. I wish I did.

[Roy] If we don't find out soon, Pris hasn't got long to live! We can't allow that. Is he good?

[Sebastian] Who?

[Roy] Your opponent.

[Sebastian] Oh ... Dr. Tyrell? I've only beaten him once in chess. He's a genius. He designed you.

[Roy] Maybe he could help?

[Sebastian] I'd be happy to mention it to him.

[Roy] Better if I talk to him in person. From what I understand, he's a ... sort of hard man to get to.

[Sebastian] Yes. Very.

[Roy] Will you help us?

[Sebastian] I can't.

[Pris] We need you, Sebastian. You're our best and only friend.

[Roy] We're so happy you found us.

[Pris] I don't think there is another human being in the whole world who would've helped us.

[Tyrell] 66,000 Prosser & Ankopitch. Trade. Trade at two ...

[Intercom] Blue entry. A Mr. J.F. Sebastian. 1-6-4-1-7.

[Tyrell] At this hour? What can I do for you, Sebastian?

[Sebastian] Queen to Bishop six. Check.

[Tyrell] Nonsense! Just a moment. Queen to Bishop six? Ridiculous! Queen ... Bishop six ... Hmm ... Knight takes Queen. What's on your mind, Sebastian? What are you thinking about?

[Roy] Bishop to King seven. Checkmate.

[Sebastian] Bishop to King seven. Checkmate, I think.

[Tyrell] Got a brainstorm, huh, Sebastian? Milk and cookies kept you awake, huh? Let's discuss this. You better come up, Sebastian.

[Sebastian] Mr. Tyrell? I-I brought a friend.

[Tyrell] I'm ... surprised you didn't come here sooner.

[Roy] It's not an easy thing to meet your maker.

[Tyrell] And what can he do for you?

[Roy] Can the maker repair what he makes?

[Tyrell] Would you ... like to be modified?

[Roy] Stay here. I had in mind something a little more radical.

[Tyrell] What ...? What seems to be the problem?

[Roy] Death.

[Tyrell] Death? Well, I'm afraid that's a little out of my jurisdiction. You--

[Roy] I want more life ... Fucker!

[Tyrell] The facts of life. To make an alteration in the ... evolvement of an organic life system is fatal. A coding sequence cannot be revised once it's been established.

[Roy] Why not?

[Tyrell] Because, by the second day of incubation, any cells that have undergone reversion mutations give rise to revertant colonies, like ... rats leaving a ship. Then, the ship ... sinks.

[Roy] What about E.M.S. recombination?

[Tyrell] We've already tried it. Ethyl Methane Sulfonate is an alkylating agent and a potent mutagen. It created a ... virus, so lethal the subject was dead before he left the table.

[Roy] Then a repressor protein, that blocks the operating cells.

[Tyrell] It wouldn't obstruct replication, but it does give rise to an error in replication, so that the newly formed DNA strand carries a mutation, and you've got a virus again. But, uh, this ... all of this is ... academic. You were made as well as we could make you.

[Roy] But not to last.

[Tyrell] The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very very brightly, Roy. Look at you. You're the prodigal son. You're quite a prize.

[Roy] I've done ... questionable things.

[Tyrell] Also, extraordinary things. Revel in your time.

[Roy] Nothing the god of bio-mechanics wouldn't let you in heaven for.

[Bryant] The body identified with Tyrell is a 25-year-old male Caucasian. Name, Sebastian. J.F. Sebastian. Address: Bradbury Apartments Ninth Sector. N.F. 46751. Now, I want you to go down there and--

[Police Intercom] This sector's closed to ground traffic. What are you doing here?

[Deckard] I'm workin'. What are you doin'?

[Police Intercom] Arresting you, that's what I'm doing.

[Deckard] I'm Deckard. Blade Runner. 26354. I'm filed and monitored.

[Police Intercom] Hold on. Checking. Okay. Checked and cleared. Have a better one.

[Pris] Hello.

[Deckard] Hi. Is J.F. there?

[Pris] Who is it?

[Deckard] This is Eddie, an old friend of J.F.'s. Um. That's no way to treat a friend.

[Robots] Good evening, J.F.!

[Roy] Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent. I thought you were supposed to be good. Aren't you the good man? Come on! Oh, Deckard! Show me ... what you're made of! Proud of yourself, little man? This is for Zhora! This is for Pris. Come on, Deckard. I'm right here ... but you've gotta shoot straight. Straight doesn't seem to be good enough! Now it's my turn! I'm gonna give you a few seconds before I come. One ... two ... three ... four ... Pris! ... HOOOOOOO! I'm coming! Deckard! Four ... five? How to stay alive! I can see you! HOOOOOOOO! Deckard, not ... yet! Yes. You better get it up! Or I'm gonna have to kill you! Unless you're alive ... you can't play! And if you don't play ... Six ... seven! Go to hell or go to heaven!

[Deckard] Go to hell!

[Roy] Good! That's the spirit.

[Roy] That hurt! That was irrational of you. Not to mention ... unsportsmanlike. Ha ha ha. Where are you going?

[Roy] Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. I've ... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time ... like tears ... in the rain. Time ... to die.

[Gaff] You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh?

[Deckard] Finished.

[Gaff] It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?

[Deckard] Rachael? Rachael? Rachael? Do you love me?

[Rachel] I love you.

[Deckard] Do you trust me?

[Rachel] I trust you.

[Deckard] Rachael?

[Gaff] It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?

THE END.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Illustrated Screenplays