Pistis Sophia: A Gnostic Miscellany, translated by G.R.S.

Possibly the world's most popular inclination, the impulse to export your suffering to another seems to be near-universal. Not confined to any race, sex, or age category, the impulse to cause pain appears to well up from deep inside human beings. This is mysterious, because no one seems to enjoy pain when it is inflicted on them. Go figure.

Re: Pistis Sophia: A Gnostic Miscellany, translated by G.R.S

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Pistis Sophia again continued and still sang praises in a second repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:02 pm

She continued again and uttered the third repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Pistis Sophia again continued in the fourth repentance, reciting it before she was oppressed a second time.
admin
Site Admin

The emanations of Self-willed again oppressed Pistis Sophia in the chaos and desired to take from her her whole light.... It came to pass then, when all the material emanations of Self-willed oppressed her, that she cried out and uttered the fifth repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 pm

She uttered the sixth repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 pm

She turned again to the height, to see if her sins were forgiven her, and to see whether they would lead her up out of the chaos. But by commandment of the First Mystery not yet was she hearkened to, so that her sin should be forgiven and she should be led up out of the chaos. When then she had turned to the height to see whether her repentance were accepted from her, she saw all the rulers of the twelve æons mocking at her and rejoicing over her because her repentance was not accepted from her. When then she saw that they mocked at her, she grieved exceedingly and lifted up her voice to the height in her seventh repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm

When Pistis Sophia had uttered the seventh repentance in the chaos, the commandment through the First Mystery had not come to me to save her and lead her up out of the chaos. Nevertheless of myself out of compassion without commandment I led her into a somewhat spacious region in the chaos.... When the emanations of Self-willed had noticed that Pistis Sophia had not been led up out the chaos, they turned about again all together, oppressing her vehemently. Because of this then she uttered the eighth repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm

It came to pass then thereafter, when the emanations of Self-willed oppressed Pistis Sophia in the chaos, that she uttered the ninth repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 pm

It came to pass then, when Pistis Sophia had proclaimed the ninth repentance, that the lion-faced power oppressed her again, desiring to take away all powers from her. She cried out again....And in that hour her repentance was accepted from her. The First Mystery hearkened unto her, and I was sent off at his command. I came to help her, and led her up out of the chaos, because she had repented, and also because she had had faith in the Light and had endured these great pains and these great perils....Pistis Sophia then took courage and uttered the tenth repentance.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 pm

It came to pass then, when this lion-faced power saw me, how I drew nigh unto Pistis Sophia, shining very exceedingly, that it grew still more furious and emanated from itself a multitude of exceedingly violent emanations. When this then befell, Pistis Sophia uttered the eleventh repentance.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sadism